Camel Cigarettes Overview
Turkish tobacco and Virginian tobacco, more than 100 years of tobacco pleasure, distinctive taste, Camel is a name everyone is familiar with in the tobacco industry. Camel is an American brand of cigarettes and is owned under R.J Reynolds Tobacco in the United States of America and by Japan Tobacco outside the U.S.
Camel cigarettes were released at the time when people still used to roll their own cigarettes, which led to the popularity of the brand as it became a major name in the category of pre-rolled cigarettes. The use of the Turkish and Virginia tobacco blend made it an instant hit in the market as the unique taste was a great appeal to the smokers.
Another factor that made Camel a distinctive brand was because it was cheaper than most of the other famous cigarette brands at the time in the market. Richard Joshua Reynolds broke records with 425 million packets of Camel cigarettes sold within the first year of its release.
Being relatively inexpensive, the cigarette became relatively popular among the young male smokers, rapidly took over the anti-tobacco campaigns mostly in Europe, Canada, Australia and the United States. Although the campaigns did work for the sale of tobacco products for youngsters, the end of World War 1 marked an end to it and Camel had a great opportunity to make massive revenue. By the end of 1950s, most of the industrialized countries were becoming modern, and smoking was becoming very common, it was known as the Golden Age of Tobacco, this time revolutionized the tobacco industry forever.
- Number 9’s.
- Number 9’s Menthe.
- Subtle flavour, aka Blues in the United Kingdom.
- Orange targeted the Italian market back in time.
- Filters, i.e. King size, 100’s and 99’s.
- Camel Lights.
- Camel Ultra Lights.
When Camel released the Camel Blues, it became an instant hit in the market. Camel had used the same Turkish tobacco blend, Camel Blues have a light tobacco blend and are one of the best light cigarettes on the market. A light blend and cheap priced became popular among the youngsters who were new to smoking.
Camel menthols are regular cigarettes having a customizing option to turn the flavour into mint-like. There’s a menthol-flavoured ball inside the filter that can be clicked, and it makes the flavour of the tobacco mint-like.
Kamel reds are the classic Camels, introduced at the very beginning in 1913. Kamel Reds are the classic taste of Camels and gives the original unique blend of old school tobacco of Camel to the smoker.
- Camel has a unique Turkish Virginian tobacco blend which gives a unique smoking experience to the smoker.
- Being relatively low at a price, they make great price valued product.
While being on the positive aspects, everyone is well aware of the issues that are caused by the use of tobacco.
- Smoking can cause several health issues, ranging from the lower speed of blood flow to lung cancer, gangrene, headaches, low blood pressure and addiction to nicotine through smoking. Lungs don’t remain healthy at all when smoking is done excessively.
- While Camel celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2013, Professor Robert N. Proctor from Stanford University stated in LA Times that ‘Noting that over the last century, Camel has sold over 4 Trillion cigarettes and has caused over 4 million deaths’
Camel is definitely a brand which outstands almost every other brand in the taste blend and price value. While the drawbacks of smoking should always be kept in mind, still Camels can be best enjoyed with a group of friends, hanging out, taking a chill and making memories!