Cocoa Powder Overview
Cocoa powder comes from cocoa beans. Cocoa powder is used almost in everything it is used in baking, some other foods can be used during cooking, used in ice creams, chocolates, cakes, cosmetics, and other chocolate drinks. Different kinds of recipes can be made by using cocoa powder. There are a variety of dishes that are very tasty just by using this simple ingredient.
Uses of Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder is used in many ways. A few of them are discussed below.
It is used for Baking and cooking typically, there are two types of cocoa powder.
- Dutch cocoa is often used in baking items likes pastries and cakes
- Natural cocoa is used for making different chocolates that are commonly available in the markets.
It can be used in your hot drinks like you can add cocoa powder in your coffee drink. You can make the facial mask from cocoa powder to get so many skin benefits. You can sprinkle the cocoa powder on your cereals in breakfast. It can be used in oats and smoothies. Chocolate soaps also can be made by using cocoa powder.
You can make dark chocolate by using cocoa powder. These chocolate bars are delicious and healthy. It's best for chocolate lovers that can't give up eating chocolates.
Health Benefits of Cocoa Powder
- Cocoa powder is rich in polyphenols that is an antioxidant mostly found in fruits and vegetables; it is also in cocoa powder.
- The research shows that cocoa powder lowers down the blood pressure so it can be used during high BP. But still, the study is limited.
- As already stated that cocoa powder makes the blood flow smoothly on the blood vessels, so it lowers down the risk of heart disease.
- It improves your brain function by actively flowing the blood in the vessels.
- Chocolates always have a positive effect on your mood; that is the reason cocoa powder reduces depression.
- Sugarless dark chocolate can help diabetic patients.
Side Effects of Cocoa Powder
- Cocoa powder contains caffeine, so it can have different side effects like caffeine had in your body.
- Consuming cocoa powder in your pregnancy is safe, but a significant amount can cause some side effects.
- Flavored or sugary chocolates or cocoa powder can be harmful to the people having diabetes.
Cocoa powder is easily available in Pakistan and is tremendously benefited for the health.
It is highly recommended to use cocoa powder in different dishes to enhance the taste and value of food.
The review generally says cocoa powder is good to use.