Kitchen Utensils Overview
Your happiness surely starts and ends at your home, maybe because every inch of your home matches perfectly with your taste, preferences, style, and thinking. Similarly, the fine kitchens utensils add perfection to your dishes and make them look as flawless as you.
This article will cover all the important questions. Like what kitchen utensils you would need? How can you use them? What are the ways which can increase their durability? What are the things you should ponder about while buying kitchen utensils?
10 MOST IMPORTANT KITCHEN UTENSILS
The most fundamental tool of any kitchen is the KNIFE because you spend most of the prep time before cooking with your KNIFE. The skill of fine chopping can only be mastered with the help of a fine sharp and comfortable KNIFE.
Moreover, a perfect KNIFE saves you a lot of your prep time. To get a perfect KNIFE, you should be careful about what is the best size which fits well in your hands, and the KNIFE should be balanced and sharp.
This is the best-shaped peeler you can get for your kitchen. You can also straight swivel peeler, but mostly the Y-shaped goes best with most of your peeling.
Peeling your vegetables is an essential step in your cooking because with right peeling you can see if the vegetables have any blemishes, etc. A sharp peeler can peel your vegetables within minutes and again save you a lot of time.
You will encounter many situations while cooking, which will require you a large bowl to mix up all the delicious ingredients. This makes a mixing bowl one of the most important kitchen utensils.
You can also use it in marinating the meat, chicken, or different ingredients; you can also make delicious batters and can even use it for storing.
Spatula, this is the most used word in your kitchen because of the immense need for this utensil. Spatulas come in different sizes, shapes, and a material like stainless steel, silicon, plastic, etc.
You can use it for flipping the patties, cooking, or even moulding the mixture in the perfect way within minutes. The best thing about this kitchen utensil is its lightweight which doesn't damage the food while flipping.
The pasta strainers are also used to strain boiled rice, washing meat vegetables or drying the washed chicken, etc. You can never deny the importance of this kitchen utensil, not in Pakistan at least because you'll come across its need every one day or another.
You can also use it for removing food from boiling water like vegetables, etc. by using it as a scoop. You can get your strainer easily from any kitchen utensil shop. It comes in various sizes, shapes, and designs.
You can never deny the aroma and taste of freshly made spices, whether it's about grinding black pepper or fresh dry coriander. It only boosts up the flavours and gives your dish a heavenly aroma and taste.
You can also use it to grind sugar and turn it into refined powder sugar and can grind all the dry spices at home for the perfect taste. The electric spice grinders are the best and again reduce a lot of work.
With a good mesh strainer, you can easily stain the brought, your tea, etc. without any difficulty. It is one of the essential tools which you'll come across a lot of time while cooking.
It helps you in straining the sauces to give them the perfect velvety smooth texture. You can turn any liquid into the smooth velvety mixture with the help of a mesh strainer.
Unlike other kitchen tools, kitchen tongs have various purposes and help you in many ways while cooking. You'll be needing kitchen tongs while making roti, frying food into the pan, making barbeque, grilling, or you can also use them to place the things precisely on to your plate.
Kitchen tongs come in various designs, shapes, and materials. You can easily get one for your kitchen according to your needs.
The knives are of no use if you do not have a cutting board to show your skills on. You'll need a cutting board while preparing almost every dish because there has to be something on which you can place and chop the food.
Cutting boards come in various designs, shapes, sizes, and materials. Each one has a specific purpose and fills the need for a specific kind of task. It is very important to have the right cutting board in your kitchen or else you can get yourself in a lot of trouble.
Kitchen shears/scissors –
This might sound irrelevant, but a good pair of kitchen scissors can reduce a lot of your work and spare you with a lot of time to rest. The scissors come in various designs. However, the bigger ones are the best for use.
Sharp kitchen scissors can reduce your work and help you to chop small vegetables like ladyfingers and green challis, etc. in no time.
KITCHEN UTENSILS LIST
- Chef's KNIFE
- Paring KNIFE
- Honing rod
- Bread KNIFE
- Cutting board
- Kitchen scissors
- Vegetable peeler
- Garlic press
- Kitchen scales
- Measuring jug
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Pasta strainer
- Rolling pin
- Can opener
- Plastic wrap
- Kitchen foil
- Baking parchment
- Tea towels
- Kitchen-tool organizer
- Pasta fork
- Pizza cutter
- Bottle opener
- Plastic containers
- Plastic bags
- Bread bin
- Frying pan
- Ovenproof dish
- Roasting tin
- Baking sheet
- Stirring spoon
- Slotted spoon
- Balloon whisk
- Oven gloves
- Food thermometer
Well, make sure that you take care of the following things while shopping for your kitchen utensils.
- Make sure that the utensil you use is appropriate for the job you're doing with it.
- The utensil you buy should be comfortable, convenient and easy to use
- The utensils you buy should not only be efficient but be careful to buy durable utensils that work equally good overtime.
- Make sure to select the utensil which can easily get cleaned and used. Do not buy complex kitchen utensils that have less durability and which are difficult to clean.
- If you buy a kitchen utensil that has a lid on it, make sure that the lid perfectly fits on to the body.
- Make sure that the pots and saucepans have the insulated handles, so you don't burn your hands while holding them.
- It is better to buy stainless steel products to prevent the utensil from rusting over time.
- Make sure that the utensil is of the perfect size and fulfil your kitchen needs properly.
HOW TO INCREASE THE DURABILITY OF YOUR KITCHEN UTENSILS
- Use the right utensil for doing a specific task.
- Clean your utensils properly.
- Store the kitchen utensils at a dry and safe place.
- Make sure that you follow the manual which comes along the utensil to get the best results and to use it most effectively and efficiently.
THE DOS AND DON'TS OF KITCHEN UTENSILS
- Check out the reviews and keenly check the utensil before you purchase them.
- Make sure that you get the right value from each penny you're spending on the utensils.
- Do not buy cheap utensils for your kitchen because they won't be able to last for long.
- Don't buy any kitchen utensils if you are sure that you won't need or use it in the kitchen regularly.