Mouthwash is a liquid used to prevent the formation of various bacteria inside the mouth. It keeps your breath fresh. Various brands a wide range of mouthwash formulas from alcohol-based to alcohol-free. Like everything mouthwash has it owns pros and cons.
Many brands in Pakistan have made good quality mouthwashes. Some are better than others. Here is a list of some of the most famous brands of mouthwash in Pakistan. These brands are often recommended by dental surgeons. They help in keeping your mouth clean.
Active oral care six in 1 Multi-action mouthwash
Active Oral is considered as the best mouth wash ever formulated by the oral brand. Oral is a very famous toothpaste brand. They made specialized teeth and mouth-related products. It keeps the tooth safe from tooth decay and plague. It keeps the teeth safe from cavities. It is available at a very reasonable price. You can find it in almost every retail store in Pakistan. It does not contain alcohol in it. It comes in a wide range of flavors like mint, peppermint, etc.
Aqua fresh Daily Mouthwash
It comes in only one flavor that is mint. It keeps your mouth fresh and free from bacteria. It also helps in whitening of teeth. It also helps you fight bad breath problems and keeps your breath healthy and fresh. It is easily available at almost every retail store in Pakistan and at a very reasonable price.
Colgate Plax Mouthwash
Colgate provides us with an extensive range of mouthwashes to choose from. Colgate is considered one of the best mouthwashes and toothpaste brands and is known worldwide. Colgate has a great reputation in the market, and most of the buyers prefer Colgate products over many other brands. Their products are easily available, affordable, trustworthy, and worth the money. The research and development team of Colgate is pretty efficient in its job and formulates every product with keen observation.
Colgate Plax Mouthwash is one of the best products of the Colgate brand. The best seller of this product line is soft-mint mouthwash. It prevents tooth decay and many other tooth issues. It keeps the cavities safe from bacteria formation. It also provides you with a fresh and clean breath. Colgate Plax is considered a bit expensive compared to many other mouthwash brands. Colgate has a good reputation in oral care products, and most of the dental surgeons prefer this brand over many others.
Listerine is one of the most famous oral care brands. Listerine provides a huge range of mouthwashes to choose from. They provide one of the best mouthwashes globally. Listerine mouthwashes are preferred by many people. The taste of Listerine is better than many. It feels harsh and fresh in the mouth.
Cool mint Mouthwash almost kills 99% of germs. It clears out every type of bacteria present inside the mouth. It is a bit expensive than the rest of the brands but worth the money. It is an antiseptic mouth wash. Listerine mouthwash contains alcohol to helps fight every kind of bacteria present inside the mouth.
Sensodyne is considered among the list of leading mouth care products. Sensodyne has lately launched a long-lasting effect mouthwash that keeps your mouth safe for a longer period of time. It helps in a quicker cleaning of teeth and gives whitening effect to them. It keeps the tooth safe from tooth decaying. It has a strong taste at the start and gets mild after. It is easily available at a reasonable price. Most of the dentists prefer Sensodyne products because Sensodyne provides sensitivity care products.
Pepsodent has also considered one of the best mouths to wash brands because of its taste and overall performance. It gives you fresh and clean breath. The fluoride in it keeps your mouth safe from bacteria and keeps the mouth clean and fresh. Fluoride is also very effective in teeth whitening. You can get brighter and whiter teeth with this mouthwash.
Signal expert mouth wash keeps your teeth safe from cavities as well as bacteria. Signal mouth wash provides you with a fresh breath. You can feel the sensation of freshness and cleanness in your mouth. It tastes a bit sweet compared to others. It is not very sharp and strong and doesn’t itch in the mouth. The price of this product is a bit high compared to others. You can easily find signal expert mouthwash at superstores as well as online.
Pearl’s Drop Smokers Mouthwash
This mouthwash is specifically designed for people with smoking habits. It is anti-bacterial and takes care of your oral hygiene. It is available only in mint flavor. It keeps your mouth fresh and prevents you from bad breath issues. This mouthwash is really helpful in reducing the smoking smell. It is available at different pharmacies and superstores as well. The price of this mouth wash is very reasonable.
Mouthwashes have their advantages as well as some disadvantages. A few of them are as follows.
Advantages of using a Mouthwash
- Mouthwashes are the best source for oral hygiene. Few of the mouthwashes contain fluoride that helps in keeping your teeth white and bright. It keeps the teeth safe from cavities and periodontal diseases. Some of the mouthwashes contain chlorhexidine gluconate that prevents the growth of bacteria inside the mouth.
- Few of the mouthwashes are recommended by dentists. They help in speedy recovery of any sort of tooth issue and also helps in keeping the mouth clean and bacteria-free. These mouthwashes are antiseptic and prevent the formation of any sort of microorganisms inside the cavity.
- Mouth wash also deals with the issues related to canker sores. Canker sores are typically known as mouth ulcers.
- Mouthwash prevents periodontal diseases that could induce early labor. Mouthwash washes away such bacteria and keeps the mouth clean and fresh.
Disadvantages of using a Mouthwash
- Mouthwashes must be kept outside of children’s reach as it could cause serious health issues if swallowed by children.
- Use mouthwash according to the sensitivity of your mouth. Few of the Mouthwashes have high alcohol content. These could cause serious health issues and also burn sensitive gums and mucus membranes.
- Few of the mouthwashes contain chlorhexidine gluconate; this ingredient, when it comes in contact with food particles, could cause the darkening of teeth.
- Excessive use of mouth wash can damage the canker sores. Do not use the mouth wash with high alcohol content if you have canker sores.
Mouthwash can never be an alternative to proper brushing. You must brush the teeth first, and then gargle with mouth wash to prevent the formation of bacteria inside the mouthwash. Mouthwash keeps your breath fresh and clean. Brushing of teeth is mandatory to prevent the teeth from plague and other bacteria. Mouthwash then clears out all the germs and bacteria that are left after brushing.
You must choose the mouthwash according to the sensitivity of your mouth. You can find a lot of options in the market to choose from. Dentists recommend the use of mouthwash for oral hygiene. Mouthwash used with proper care and method prevents you from many oral hygiene issues. You can enjoy a clean and fresh breath. It is up to you to choose a suitable mouthwash for yourself.