Tubular Battery Overview
Electricity has always been an important part of life for everyone. For those who are desperately dependent on them, their life without technology and power may seem empty or blank.
Electricity and technology go hand in hand. It is because these electrical powerhouses demand a high step on any piece of technology. Seemingly, a battery backup supports all forms of electronics, and certain batteries need to maintain their power source.
Frequent power breaks are normal in many areas of Pakistan, makes home devices such as fans, lamps, blenders, TVs, computers, laptops, etc. difficult to operate. Many households depend on a battery and inverter system to deliver power to their homes during electricity-cut times. A battery preserves energy during power cut times so that it can be distributed to the home appliances.
For this, different types of batteries play their role such as:
- Normal Battery
- Tubular Battery
- Solar Battery
- Flat Plate Battery
- Lead Acid Battery
Tubular batteries are handy. When tabular batteries are compared with normal batteries, there are a lot of benefits. As summers are coming, in Pakistan, electricity is disappeared for more than 8 hours. The problem of load shedding can be resolved by using tubular batteries for UPS /Invertors.
Tubular batteries are batteries that are used in the UPS and inverters. These tubular batteries are made of a positive plate that is placed inside a tube filled with tissue carrying electrode power. On the other hand, these tubular batteries which are primarily used in inverters and UPS carry a high power voltage.
That’s why it is deterioration or corrosion-free, thereby guaranteeing long battery life. Tubular batteries can work at high temperatures because of their hardness and longevity, and used in high cyclic applications involving regular and sustained power failures.
In Pakistan, different companies are manufacturing tubular batteries on a large scale like:
- Base Tuff
Tubular batteries composition
Tubular batteries have a comb-like lead skeleton that serves as a positive electrode with tubular bags. Tubular batteries do not have lead anode as the grid. Positive ions excessive/ unnecessary discharge is responsible for the failure of lead batteries but tubular bags can save the excessive loss of positive ions.
Tubular battery lifespan
Batteries for UPS/inverter get damage easily. Their normal lifespan is three years. It can increase to 4 years with a lot of care. But on the other hand, tubular batteries have an average lifespan of 5 years. However, this can increase or decrease depending upon the usage. The general estimate for the tabular battery lifespan is 3-8 years.
Tubular battery capacity
Tubular batteries are available with two capacities 200ah and 100ah. 100ah is a small battery useful for smaller energy requirements. Battery performance depends on the battery capacity a lot. If capacity is bigger, the battery takes much time to discharge and can handle the greater load as compared to small batteries.
Tubular battery usage
The tabular battery takes time to discharge and they stop excessive discharge because of tubular bags. This ability makes the battery more durable. A large amount of current about 5- 10 Amp will be supplied even after 12-24 hours of usage.
Key Features of Tubular Battery
These are the specialties of tubular battery:
- It is available with a maximum warranty of four to five years.
- These batteries come with a high price range.
- It deals with all ranges of temperature fluctuations.
- Quick battery charging capability
- The great life expectancy of 4-5 years
- High cyclic life
- Suitable for high-end-applications
- Highly reliable and durable
- Excellent electrical performance
- Low storage of lead and active material
Exide Solar Tubular Battery
Exide has a very vast variety of Solar Tubular Battery versions in its line-up of goods.
- Battery constructed from TORR Tubular Positive Plate
- Excellent Quality
- High Efficiency & Assured service life
- Exclusively built for laborious SPV applications
- Designed in 12V, 6V & 2V ranges
- Intrinsically ideal for standard deep cyclic duty
- Excellent Cycle Life
- Low maintenance
- Faster recharging
- Discharge resistance technology
- Good performance in extreme temperature fluctuations
- Unavailable to buy it online from Exide official websites.
- No fix price, it should be mentioned on official websites.
Max Power Tubular Deep Cycle Battery – Beat the Heat
Max Power deep cycle batteries have within much heavier and tougher lead plates that allow them to properly withstand the pressure of a heavy discharge.
- High efficiency
- Fast charging battery
- Non-porous battery plates
- Traditional lead-acid battery technology
- Discharge efficiency of about 90-95 percent
- Highly durable
- Long service life
- Non-availability due to high demands
Sukam Tubular Battery
Sukam provides a very wide variety of models in both modified sine wave and pure sine wave inverters.
- Exceptional performance
- Best working under prolonged power cuts
- Quick charging battery
- Less expensive than Exide battery
- 3-years warranty
- Four-years life expectancy
- No heat maintenance
Luminous Tubular Battery
The robust and tubular design is the quality of these batteries.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor function
- Construct with Hadi High-Pressure Casting Method
- Long life expectancy
- 80 percent depth discharge – 3-times more as compared to other tubular batteries.
- Excellent overcharge tolerance
- 6-months prorate warranty
- Replacement warranty is short as compared to other companies.
Osaka Tubular Battery – A battery of Power
- Electrolyte uses standard chemicals for recovering rapidly from deep disposal.
- Low antimony alloy & broad headroom with plate acid to ease repair.
- Good recognition of the charges.
- Float measures to track acid rate.
- Long life
- Low maintenance
- Vibration resistant
- No proper heat control
Price in Pakistan
In Pakistan, tubular batteries are a little bit expensive than normal batteries. But it is due to the fact, that they have specific features which allow them to work indoor and outdoor.
Many different sorts of organizations produce and manufacture goods for tubular batteries. It depends on your preferences whether you want a battery produced by a cutting-edge company or a supplier with a long track record. Assessing the warranties connected with each company will provide you more direction when making your choice. Hence, wise thinking, wise decision!!