Want to know more about Washing Machine?
A washing machine is basically a device to wash your clothes. Due to busy lifestyles in Pakistan, people prefer to use the washing machine rather than the old way that was of hand washing.
Washing machines can also be called as cloth washer. Nowadays, most people in Pakistan are using washing machines as it requires less work in doing laundry and is less time-consuming.
How does it work?
A washing machine has a tub in it. Some might have two tubs, one called as washer and the other as dryer. The tub has a barrel, which at the time of working (washing) rotates moving the clothes along with it.
By this rotating method, the dirt is removed from clothes through the water. Detergent (liquid or powder) is put along with clothes and water in the washing machine so your clothes can be cleaned thoroughly.
There are mainly two types of washing machines. Let's talk about them first.
Semi-automatic washing machine
The semi-automatic washing machine mainly comes in a two tub system while some can come in single tubs. Many families in Pakistan use semi-automatic washing machines in their homes.
In these semi-automatic washing machines, you have to manually put clothes in the washer with detergent and water according to your clothes.
After the wash, one has to manually take out the clothes from the washer and put them in the dryer if they have one.
- Semi-automatic washing machines are cheaper in Pakistani market than the automatic one.
- Have speed washing cycles.
- Consumes less water as you can control the water flow.
- Requires manual or labor work with it.
- It can be hard to move around.
Automatic washing machine
The automatic washing machines come in a single tub for both washing and drying purposes. Some automatic washing machines can be without the dryer function. Automatic washing machines can also have an inbuilt heater.
They require permanent water connection; thus, moving them around becomes harder.
There are two types of automatic washing machines.
The top loader has the door on its top by which you can take your clothes in and out. The top-loader comes with the options of Agitator or Impeller.
The agitator is like a rod with fins in the tub, which rotates while washing. An impeller is a rotating hub placed at the bottom of the tub, giving more space to your clothes.
- You don't have to bend when taking clothes in and out, which is better for your back.
- You can add your clothes in between the cycles because its door is at the top.
- Top loaders have shorter wash cycles.
- Top loaders with impeller can tangle your clothes.
- Others having agitators can be rougher on your clothes.
- The top loaders tend to use more water.
Instead of having a door at the top, Front loaders have one in front. Front-loaders have a drum that rotates to wash your clothes.
- Are more water efficient?
- Have more cycle settings.
- Have high buying cost.
- You have to bend when taking clothes in and out.
The other types in washing machines can be a spinner or washer, which just washes your clothes by spinning and a dryer, which helps you in drying your laundry.
Many Pakistani brands are giving a vast range of washing machines, and you can get a perfect washing machine according to your budget.