Gas Baking Oven Overview
Gas baking oven is a kitchen essential and is gaining popularity in Pakistan due to its feasibility and low maintenance cost. Invented by a British citizen; James Sharp, in 1826, gas ovens have now become a common household item all over the globe.
Why Gas Baking ovens are preferred in Pakistan:
Due to high electric tariffs in the country, the gas-baking oven is the most popular choice for bakers, chefs, and the common man, as it provides the same results as compared to an electric oven, yet, is more economical and easy to install.
Products that are available in the market:
The Companies that are selling Gas Baking Oven’s in Pakistan are Admiral, Crown, Bosche, Canon, Nasgas, Singer, Corona, Kenwood, etc. They offer a variety of features depending on the needs of the customer and the space available for installation.
The features include different sizes of 24”,27” and 34”, single or double compartments, option of the grill, self-ignition and a rotating skewer just to name a few. The price range varies for different models, as imported ones are a bit expensive, whereas, the local ones are budget-friendly, and offer the same features.
Advantages of using a Gas Baking oven in Pakistan:
- It comes in various sizes and therefore, can utilize the space available in kitchens efficiently.
- They give you increased cooking control as regards to temperature setting than other types of ovens
- Oven cooked dishes turn out to be more moist and soft than induction or electric ovens as natural gas is used for cooking
- Gas baking ovens are energy efficient since they heat and cool down quickly
- They have low maintenance and running costs
- Usually, come as a complete cooking range so have the added advantage of a stovetop.
- Some of the models have separate compartments for dish warmers
- Gas baking oven are mobile and don’t require separate kitchen fittings
- Environment-friendly products as compared to wood-fired and electrical ovens
- Self-ignition models can still be used despite load shedding
Disadvantages of using a Gas Baking oven in Pakistan:
- Doesn’t heat evenly compared to electric ovens.
- It needs a gas line, and if you don’t already have one, the installation of a gas pipeline can become very costly for the consumer.
- Need to have a ventilation outlet in the kitchen to vent out the hazardous fumes
- Improper installation can result in leaks and is therefore dangerous if not used with proper care.