Samsung Galaxy S21 Overview
Samsung is a South-Korean multinational company which owns different subsidiaries. Samsung Electronics is also one of its subsidiaries that manufactures Smart Appliances like TV, Smartphones, etc. In 2012 Samsung Electronics achieved to become the largest mobile phone manufacturer.
If we compare the previous Samsung Galaxy S series flagship phones with the new ones, Samsung has indeed gone a long way in the advancement of technology, built quality, and performance.
Samsung is launching its high-end smartphone Samsung Galaxy S21 within the time's flagship phone market. Samsung is that the world’s largest mobile maker within the world and is understood for its better build quality and technology.
Samsung Galaxy S21 may be a high-end flagship phone and is not a budget-friendly phone but have very impressive features. Samsung is bringing Exynos 2100 chip back, which can enhance its performance in every aspect. There are three variants, which include S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra.
Samsung is trying to kill the Samsung Galaxy Note series with the launch of Samsung Galaxy S21 because Samsung is introducing the all-new S Pen with the Galaxy S21, which clearly shows that we might not be able to see any new note series in the future.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Features:
Samsung Galaxy S21 has a built-in under-screen fingerprint scanner, known as the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner. This scans the 3D ridges and patterns of your unique fingerprint and scans it to unlock when you place your finger on it.
This phone doesn’t have any popped-up fingerprint scanner, which gives it a unique style and also doesn’t compromises your privacy and security. Samsung launched this feature from Samsung Galaxy S10 onwards.
It basically adds more information to the information and analogs provided by the accelerometer, which tells the direction of the Samsung Galaxy S21. Whereas gyro adds on the information of twists and rotation to it.
Accelerometer basically provides information about the directional movement of the device, e.g., steps count in the health app, whereas it cannot provide information about the tilts and rotates which it gets from the gyro sensor. Gyro and accelerometer work together to give accurate results. (Samsung Health App)
The digital compass in Samsung Galaxy S21 works on magnetometers installed inside. It basically directs you towards the direction you are going. It also directs you which way the north is, which gives you accurate information of your physical direction. (Maps)
The barometer sensor basically assists the GPS chip in the Samsung S21. Which measures the pressure of the atmosphere and surroundings and according to that gives information to a GPS chip about your altitude, e.g., hiking or floor steps climbed. (Samsung Health App)
This time Samsung is offering the best flashlight features to the market of flagship phones with a single bright flashlight, they have also installed a laser flashlight for smart and fast autofocus of the camera in low light areas.
The phone has a camera with an impressive and best result in capturing the views perfectly. However, it captures things from very far as it has its best zoom function and having more incredible features.
If you want to take pictures in 180 or 360 degrees of dimensions with zero pixel tears, Samsung Galaxy S21 can do it for you with just a tap on the screen by switching into panorama mode.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode is available in the camera of the Samsung Galaxy S21. It basically does the gradation to the pictures taken in low light and landscapes to provide better color gradation and exposure level to the picture.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Specifications:
- A unique style of a combination of plastic and metal design having dimensions Height:6.50 Width: 2.98 Depth: 0.35 (inches).
- Samsung is installing its own Exynos 2100 octa-core chip, which they made with collaboration with AMD.
- Samsung is providing with Mali-G78 GPU in global variant and 660 in USA, China, and Korean variant.
- Physical Single Sim (Nano Sim).
- This time Samsung is offering only two colors in its flagship variant. The rich colors are Phantom Black and Phantom Silver.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 supports 2G network, 3G, 4G, and the 5G.
- The total size of the Samsung Galaxy S21 is 6.8 inches, which are 111.6cm2.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 has a dynamic AMOLED 2x screen with a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels, a ratio of 20:9, and has a density of -516 PPI.
- This time Samsung is providing the best camera of its flagship phones; the main camera consists of a quad-camera setup which includes 108MP (2nd Gen) f/1.8, it is 26mm wide, an optical zoom of 10MP 10x, 10MP (telephoto), it is 12MP f/2.2 13mm (ultra-wide), and for the selfie camera for the selfie lovers, it provides a single camera of 40MP f/2.2 26mm (wide) which is quite impressive.
- Samsung provides three variants in RAM/ROM 12GB/128GB, 12GB/256GB, 16GB/512GB.
- The phone weighs for about approx. 200g.
- The phone is protected with corning gorilla glass and is IP68 certified water and dust resistant.
- 5000mAh battery is being installed by Samsung, which supports 25W fast charging, 15W wireless charging, and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
According to their own leaks, we know that the chipset which has been installed inside the phone is no other than the Samsung’s own chipset known as Exynos 2100, which was made with collaboration with AMD by installing a Radeon GPU.
The gaming performance is boosted up to 2.5x as compared to the snapdragon 865. This means they have enhanced the gaming experience in Samsung Galaxy S21 and will not only leave its android rivals back but will also leave Apple iPhones back.
- For the first time, Samsung is providing the S-Pen in the Galaxy S series, which can help in office works, e.g., Signatures.
- 32-bit AKG tuned stereo headsets are mandatory with the phone as compared to the iPhone 12/12 pro, which Apple doesn’t provide, which gives Samsung Galaxy S21 a plus point.
- 15W wireless charging and 25W fast charging port mandatory with the phone which again compared to the apple which doesn’t provide. You don’t have to buy your charging dock separately.
- It is a fully IP68 certified water and dust resistance phone. The phone is secured not only in water but also in rainy weather.
- Samsung is also providing ANT+ in Samsung Galaxy S21, which is good for fast wireless data transfer among Samsung phones, which support ANT+.
- Samsung DEX is also available in Samsung Galaxy S21, in which you can change your smartphone into a desktop by connecting it to a monitor. So you have a built-in portable desktop in your pocket. Convenient for office users.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 is one of the phones which supports 5G bands.
- It shoots video in8K at 30 frames per second.
- It has an impressive performance speed due to its Exynos 2100 octa-core processor. Good for gamers who play games in mobile phones and command execution is fast due to its fast Exynos chip by Samsung.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 has two variants in RAM, 12 GB and 16 GB models, which are more than enough for a mobile phone.
- For the extra safety of the display, Samsung provides with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- A 5000mAh battery is installed inside the phone, which gives a massive amount of backup time for heavy users, which supports 25W fast charging and 15W fast wireless charging.
- It has only 4.5W reverse wireless charging, which is the same as it was provided in the previous versions in (S10 and S20).
- It weighs 220grams and has a huge dimension that feels a little heavy in hand.
- Since it is a flagship phone, therefore it is not a budget-friendly phone. The expected rates for Samsung Galaxy S21 are high. As the phone is expensive because of its outstanding features and its best performance.
- Camera bump from the backside, which can collide with a single drop.
Availability and prices in Pakistan
No official release date is announced from Samsung for the launch of Samsung Galaxy S21. It said to be coming soon. According to some resources, it is to be said that it is officially going to be released on 14th January 2021.
However, it will be available soon in every city in Pakistan, Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Quetta, and in Mobile stores. Nevertheless, it will be soon available in online stores too.
The prices are very high as it's an expensive phone having all the best features and impressive quality. The phone is not budget-friendly, targeted especially to the upper/high class.
Samsung Galaxy S21 has all the features which a flagship phone in 2021 should have. It has a beautiful design to a powerful Exynos 2100 processor, which boosts the performance.
It has the best smart quad-camera setup among its rivals, with five sensors in the back and a LED flash. As per the phone design, it is truly an ultra-phone with the best AMOLED 2x infinity display.
Moreover, looking at the front, it has a minimal punch whole the incredible design with an ultra-thin bezel-less edge display with unique metal body design it is simply a next-generation phone which will for sure give a tough time to its competing rivals.